There are so many choices of probiotics on the market and it could be overwhelming when shopping for one. How do we know what to look for? Today we rate the best vegan probiotics in 2021. They include probiotics that are especially formulated to meet the needs of men, women, children, and those with special needs as well.
We decided to outline both the pros and cons of each of these products so you can make the best decision for yourself.
- 1 Best Vegan Probiotics Recommendations
- 2 1. Mary Ruth’s Liquid Probiotics
- 3 2. Physician’s Choice Prebiotics & Probiotics for Women
- 4 3. up4 Kids Probiotic Gummies
- 5 4. Trust Your Gut – Ora Probiotics
- 6 5. up4 Women’s Advanced Care Probiotic Supplement
- 7 6. New Chapter Probiotic All-Flora
- 8 7. Not Your Average Probiotic – Organic Olivia
- 9 Conclusion
Best Vegan Probiotics Recommendations
Here are our recommendations for the best probiotics for vegans. We have evaluated several products and found them to be trust-worthy. However, since there are is no such thing as a flawless product, we have included the pros and cons of each product in this review.
1. Mary Ruth’s Liquid Probiotics
If you’re looking for probiotics that your kids will like, then you may want to consider this one from Mary Ruth. It is USDA certified and is 100% nut free, soy free, corn free, gluten free, keto friendly, Paleo, and of course 100% vegan.
You know how kids hate the taste of supplements and medicine, right? Well, this probiotic doesn’t have any taste or after-taste. Some would say that it is like water. Nevertheless, it provides you and your family with all the needed probiotics with each dose.
2. Physician’s Choice Prebiotics & Probiotics for Women
This is one of the more popular probiotic products in our list. In fact, it has been featured in several news outlets.
Apart from its probiotic content, this product also contains prebiotics.
Prebiotics are fibers that you eat but are non-digestible. They serve a very specific purpose even though your body can’t digest them—they are needed by your probiotic bacteria to survive longer in your gut.
3. up4 Kids Probiotic Gummies
If you’re looking for the best prebiotics for kids, then this may be a very good candidate. It comes in gummy form, which is something that kids really like. However, it easily melts and liquefies as children chew on them.
This particular up4 product comes in mixed berry flavor, which is another thing that is popular with young children. It is recommended for kids ages 3 and up.
Each chewable gummy serving contains a mixture of several probiotic strains. This probiotic product for kids ups the nutrient package since it is fortified with vitamin C, probiotic inulin, and pectin.
Vitamin C helps to improve the body’s immune response to viruses, bacteria, and other germs. Probiotic inulin on the other hand serves as fuel for the probiotics that come with this product.
Inulin is a type of dietary fiber that is consumed by beneficial gut bacteria. They are found in asparagus, bananas, chicory root, and others.
Note that the potency of this probiotic supplement is guaranteed until the product expires. Your children only need to take one gummy tablet each day.
4. Trust Your Gut – Ora Probiotics
A great amazon alternative to our #1 recommended probiotics, minus the digestive enzymes, this supplement contains Prebiotics that will feed the Probiotics in this capsules.
You get 60 capsules per bottle and Ora’s recommended dosage is 2 capsules per serving. This will get you 1 month of probiotics.
This 16 billion CFUs probiotic contains 6 strains which are:
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus,
- Lactobacillus Reuteri,
- Bifodobacterium Bifidum,
- Bifidobacterium Breve,
- Bifidobacterium Lactis,
- Bifidobacterium Longum.
No refrigeration needed as this probiotic was freeze-dried. This is a nearly perfect probiotic in our opinion. 😉
5. up4 Women’s Advanced Care Probiotic Supplement
This probiotic supplement is in our considered opinion one of the best for women that struggles with chronic UTI’s. Women looking for urinary, vaginal, immune, and digestive support may want to consider this product.
It is safe enough to be used by women who have unique conditions. Its primary source is whole cranberry powder and probiotic cultures. It contains 4 billion CFUs (i.e. colony forming units). It contains five different lactobacillus cultures, which include the following:
- Bifidobacterium lactis UABla-17
- Rhamnosus UALrh-18
- Acidophilus DDS-1
- Gasseri UALg-05
- Plantarum UALp-05
These strains are particularly beneficial to women. They offer the following benefits:
- They suppress the formation and growth of harmful bacteria that may contribute to menstrual pain.
- They also help to provide relief from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Relieves bloating, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- May support weight loss in women
- Aids in the digestion of complex carbs and dietary fiber
- Helps to prevent urinary tract infection (UTI)
- May help prevent diabetes and heart disease
Note that this probiotic supplement is packed in capsule form, so basically you won’t taste anything. Nevertheless, you may get a hint of cranberry, simply because it’s made from pure cranberry powder.
6. New Chapter Probiotic All-Flora
This probiotic supplement formula from New Chapter is one of the more popular products in our list. It features a unique three in one formulation, which includes the following:
- – Prebiotics – provides fuel for lactobacillus, which is primarily made from fermented Aloe Vera
- – Probiotics – the beneficial bacteria that provides all the health benefits for your gut
- – Postbiotics – this includes beneficial compounds that support probiotic activity
Note that you only need one capsule each day to get all the probiotics that you will need each day. The strains used in this supplement have been DNA tested and guaranteed to provide 10 billion CFUs.
It is shelf-stable, which means it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It is 100% vegetarian, non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free. It comes with no added sweeteners artificial colors, or synthetic fillers.
7. Not Your Average Probiotic – Organic Olivia
This probiotic supplement formula from Organic Olivia is the best product on our list. It features the most unique formulation of all the above products. It includes the following:
- Prebiotics – organic VitaFiber-IMO provides food for the probiotic to thrive.
- Probiotics – 20 Billion CFU’s : BS01, BR03, LA02, LP09, LR06, LC03, BB01, Y08, LP01, LR05, GG, BL03, LRE02, BI02, CRL1328, BA05
- Digestive Enzymes – this includes beneficial compounds that aid in your digestion by helping you absorb the nutrients and break down foods you eat.
Note that you only need one capsule each day.
It is shelf-stable, which means it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It is 100% non-GMO and organic. It comes with organic rice flour and hypermellose vegetable capsule, no added sweeteners artificial colors, or synthetic fillers.
So, which is the best vegan probiotics in our opinion? Remember that these are all pretty good products and some of them are especially designed for certain users such as men, women, and children.
The winner for best vegan probiotic is:
We chose this probiotic supplement because it really is not your average Probiotic. It delivers! It contains prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes for optimal efficacy. It really works. I take it every night and it helps me with my sleep, my bloat, my nigh time nausea especially when I eat raw onions. I know I can count on this one.
Best of all, its a quality organic product you can trust! Your label has the species AND the strain. You know exactly what you’re getting.
When you buy from Organic Olivia, you are buying from a Small Business Owner and you returning the favour of making a difference in someone’s life as she does in ours.
Taking care of the gut is everybody’s concern. What most of us do not know is that our body, specifically our gut, have parasites inside